Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Former Disney Princess Exposes Wicked Witch, Planned Parenthood

Which Disney Princess?
Recently Planned Parenthood tweeted that Disney needs a princess who's had an abortion. Yes, they really said it. They also suggested a transgender princess. Really! Wouldn't you love to have your little girls being hugged and fondled by a man dressed as Cinderella or Ariel?

Apparently the blowback was significant, because they removed the tweet later and said the subject was too serious for the context. Right! 

Well, now a former Disney princess, Deanna Falchook, who did in fact, have an abortion to keep her job as Cinderella has responded to PP. Here's an excerpt:
In 1981, I worked at Disney World as a singer/dancer, where my voice was used in recordings as Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty for special events and ongoing shows. I performed on average five shows a day in front of Cinderella's castle, singing and dancing to "Someday, My Prince Will Come," and "When You Wish Upon a Star."
At the age of 18, I became pregnant and had an abortion to keep my job as a singing princess. There was no pressure from the company or management to abort my baby. I didn't tell them. But I made a decision on my own that I quickly lived to regret.....
P.P.'s Nomination for Belle, or maybe Mulan?
In the immediate days following my abortion, I struggled deeply. I continued to sing songs in front of the castle about dreams coming true, but eventually had to quit my dream job due to my inability to reconcile my decision within myself. I wanted to die.
Eventually, I found healing. It was an arduous struggle to navigate my personal grief. But by the grace of God, I am living an amazing life.Disney doesn't need a princess who has had an abortion. For years, feminists have been princess-bashing because they clearly don't really grasp the depth of the princess stories that have already been told of overcoming evil, beauty rising out of the ugliness of the world, empowering love that is willing to slay dragons, resurrecting life after evil witch potions threatens to poison and demanding true love in a world that wants to rewrite the happy ending into something less romantic. Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Merida, Ariel and Mulan all represent strength, power, grace, favor, determination and beauty out of ashes.

Abortion doesn't empower....
Maybe the reason Planned Parenthood wants to rewrite the princess stories is because stories of evil witches trying to kill off beautiful princesses have already been told. I guess they don't like their part of the story. (Full story here.)
The Falchook Family: Looks like a "royal" family to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment