Search This Blog

Friday, April 14, 2017

What a Holy Week! It's Been a Real Bear!

And I mean that literally.

On Wednesday we were doing some work with two of our behives -- moving a frame of brood from a queen-right hive to a queenless hive. After we finished that in our satellite bee yard, I went down to check out the four hives in the lower yard. Unfortunately I took my veil off since I wasn't going to be working with the bees, but something attracted one of the girls to my face and she stung me on the lip. My whole face started to swell and we decided I better go to the emergency room. So I spent several hours being pumped full of steroids, anti-histamines, and anti-itch meds along with some anti-nausea medicine since I was feeling sick to my stomach.

Read more....

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Hopefully your bear is young and will be put off by the electric fence. I'm glad you both went to the hospital when you did. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely penitential! I hope you are better, love!

    ReplyDelete