Search This Blog

Friday, July 31, 2015

One of the Side Benefits of Natural Family Planning

How Knowing Your Fertility Can Catch Diseases Early

I taught Natural Family Planning (NFP) at Providence Hospital in Washington, D.C. for 15 years with my husband. It was a great experience. And what a blessing NFP was for our marriage especially when I had cancer and was on chemo and my cycles went haywire!

Our bodies are integrated. If something is going wrong in one part of the body, it's likely to affect other parts. NFP is a wonderful way to understand the gift of fertility with which we've been blessed. It's especially helpful for couples having infertility problems. I once had a client who came to a follow up class and told me her infertility doctor asked her where she "learned to do that." (i.e., chart her cycles) It eliminated several tests he would have run. Another client had a doctor who was treating her to get rid of the normal discharge associated with ovulation! I think I'd switch doctors.

It's a good idea to take some responsibility for your own health, and NFP can be part of that. It truly is part of the good news for the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment